The hill? Perfectly suited for Ted Ligetys style. [url=http://www.thepanthersofficialstore.com/authentic-ryan-kalil-panthe rs-jer

in Regeln 20.01.2018 02:39
von jokergreen0220 • 165 Beiträge

The hill? Perfectly suited for Ted Ligetys style. Ryan Kalil Jersey . The hand? Almost healed. The hardware? Hes hoping to retain all those medals.The American skier knows it wont be as easy as 1-2-3 to defend his giant slalom, super-combined and super-G titles at the world championships in Beaver Creek, Colorado, beginning Wednesday with the super-G.After all, he had one of those everything-goes-right kind of performances two years ago in Austria, when he became the first male skier since French great Jean-Claude Killy in 1968 to win at least three golds at worlds.Still, Ligetys not ready to surrender those crowns — any of them.Defending all three gold medals? I guess I wouldnt say thats my expectation, Ligety said in a phone interview from Park City, Utah, where hes squeezing in some last-minute training before making his way to Colorado. Its certainly on the dream side, for sure.But its still possible.Especially at Beaver Creek, a venue Ligety has ruled in the past. Hes won five times on the demanding Birds of Prey slope, including in December when he captured his only giant slalom race so far this season by holding off Alexis Pinturault of France by 0.18 seconds.Thats when the two-time Olympic champion was at the height of his skiing. Ligety hasnt been his usual dominating self this season, particularly in his signature event, the GS.In his words, hes fighting the skis and gravity a little bit.The reason could be simple: Ligety is racing with four screws inserted into his left hand after breaking his wrist in a training accident two months ago. He remains wary of dragging the hand in the snow as he cruises around gates.Ligety said he still has good days and bad days with his dinged-up hand. It affects him more in slalom events, because he has to tightly tape it and wear a protective brace.But in GS and speed events, its not a big deal, said the 30-year-old Ligety, who will have the screws removed after the season. This is not ideal, but not something that affects me a great deal.In Beaver Creek, his plan is to ski every race except the downhill, since the Americans are already so deep in the event with Steven Nyman, Marco Sullivan, Travis Ganong, Jared Goldberg and, of course, Bode Miller, should the six-time Olympic medallist return after undergoing back surgery in November.Recently, Ligety took a pit stop home to Park City, so he could fine-tune some technical issues he spotted on video.Even the worlds best occasionally need to a refresher course.I would say this year has been a little bit of a struggle for me, said Ligety, who added a gold medal in the giant slalom at the Sochi Olympics last February to the gold in the combined he captured at the 2006 Turin Games. Ive figured a couple of things out in my skiing, to hopefully realign myself back to where I have been.When Ligetys at his best, his skiing appears almost effortless. His turns are razor sharp and his speed unmatched. That hasnt always been the case this season, with tiny hiccups interrupting promising performances.To have any chance of duplicating his success two years ago in Schladming, Austria, the skier known as Shred realizes he needs to uncover his top form and fast.Thats because Kjetil Jansrud of Norway looks almost uncatchable these days in speed events, currently leading both the super-G and downhill standings. And then theres Marcel Hirscher, the Austrian standout whos won four giant slalom races this season and leads in the overall World Cup race.Beaver Creek is probably one of the best places possible for me to have a chance of repeating, said Ligety, who has his own company that makes goggles, helmets, gloves and outerwear.Asked if he feels like a marked skier heading into worlds, Ligety laughed.Its not like football, where they can tackle me, he said. Its good to have that kind of pressure on you because that means youve done some things right.But this is about me skiing the way I can ski and being confident and hopefully putting together some great runs.__Follow Pat Graham on Twitter at http://twitter.com/pgraham34. Cam Newton Jersey .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday. Scott Simonson Jersey . Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright. http://www.thepanthersofficialstore.com/authentic-mike-adams-panthers-jersey/ . Juventus announced details of the deal Saturday, saying that Morata signed a five-year contract with the club. The deal also includes an option for Madrid to buy Morata back for up to (euro)30 million ($40.PORTLAND, OREGON – Four second-half goals propelled Vancouver Whitecaps FC to a dominant 5-1 win over Portmore United in the first match of the Rose City Invitational Sunday at Providence Park. Defender Jordan Harvey bagged a second-half brace, while Nicolas Mezquida, Darren Mattocks, and Russell Teibert each scored their first goals of the preseason in a match that saw Whitecaps FC outshoot the 10-men Jamaican outfit by a 21-9 margin. Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson fielded a squad composed almost entirely of MLS players on Sunday, including the teams four most experienced defenders in Andy OBrien, Jay DeMerit, Harvey, and recently acquired right back Steven Beitashour. The only non-MLS player in the starting lineup was Residency goalkeeper Marco Carducci, who at 17 years old is the youngest player at camp. After a fairly uneventful start to the match, the action picked up around the 15-minute mark when Portmore goalkeeper Jacomeno Barrett was shown a straight red for handling the ball outside the box. The 6-foot-4 keeper was forced to come off his line after Sebastian Fernandez found an unmarked Mezquida with a great ball over the top down the middle of the park. On the ensuing free kick, a six-man Portmore wall blocked Fernandezs low strike from the edge of the box to keep the score level. The Caps had another great chance just a few minutes later, when Mattocks broke into the area only to see his attempt stymied by substitute Portmore keeper Gariece McPherson. Despite going down to 10-men early, Portmore opened the scoring in the 26th minute on what was their only real chance of the match. Against the run of play, Leaughn Williams broke in down the right flank and found a streaking Ricardo Morris inside the area. The midfielder then curled it first time just bbeyond the outstretched arms of Carducci to give Portmore a 1-0 lead. Greg Olsen Jersey. . From that point forward, the Caps took over. They controlled possession, looked dangerous in the final third, and didnt give their Jamaican opponents another sniff at goal. Two players instrumental in Whitecaps FCs dominance were Teibert, who again looked confident in a holding position, and Beitashour, who was active on the right flank. Eventually, a deflected Beitashour cross led to Vancouvers first goal in the 31st minute. The ball landed at Mezquidas feet just outside the six-yard box and the Uruguayan smashed it on a half-volley into the top left corner of the goal. Vancouver picked up where they left off in the second half, as Harvey banged in the eventual winner in the 49th minute after Erik Hurtado found him unmarked at the far post. The early second-half marker seemed to take the wind out of Portmores sails, as fatigue began to take its toll. After a handful of earlier chances, Mattocks finally found the back of the net in the 65th minute, finishing from in tight to give Whitecaps FC a 3-1 lead. Teibert set up the play with a header from midfield, just minutes after he moved up to the right wing to replace Hurtado. Then, after Harvey scored his second goal of the match with a cross that sailed into the top right corner of the goal, Mattocks returned the favour in the 87th minute. The Portmore native slipped an inviting pass into box before Teibert coolly finished to cap off a dominant 5-1 performance at Providence Park. Also of note, Kekuta Manneh and Kenny Miller made their first appearances of the preseason as second-half substitutes on Sunday. Both players made an immediate impact, as Manneh set up Harveys second goal and nearly had one of his own in the 76th minute. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 196 Themen und 641 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen