Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Trevor-Lewis-Jersey/]Trevor Lewis Jersey[/url] .com

in Regeln 20.01.2018 02:40
von jokergreen0220 • 165 Beiträge

Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork. Trevor Lewis Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova dominated Eugenie Bouchard to reach her third Australian Open semifinal in four years, while Ekaterina Makarova had a similarly easy time ousting third-seeded Simona Halep during Tuesdays quarterfinal action at the years first Grand Slam event. The second-seeded former world No. 1 Sharapova, the 2008 Aussie champ and a two-time runner-up, needed just 77 minutes to down the seventh-seeded 2014 Wimbledon finalist Bouchard by a 6-3, 6-2 score. I felt pretty good from the start, said Sharapova. I thought I had a really good start. I kept my focus throughout the whole match. I didnt feel that I had too many letdowns, which is important. When I did have a few slips I was able to come out with great first serves or really powerful returns. But overall really happy with the way the match went. Makarova, meanwhile, landed in her second career Grand slam semi by overpowering a mistake-prone Halep, the worlds third-ranked player and a finalist at last years French Open. The Romanian star committed 31 unforced errors and double-faulted four times in dropping a 6-4, 6-0 decision to the 10th-seeded Russian left-hander. I had a bad day, said Halep. But she played well and everything was in for her. Im really sad a little bit now that I could not play my tennis, my game, but thats tennis and I have to look forward to the next tournament. Makarova, meanwhile, will play in her second straight Grand Slam semifinal. She dropped a 6-1, 6-3 decision to Serena Williams in last years U.S. Open semis. Maybe Ive brought all the atmosphere and memories here from New York, said Makarova. Im really enjoying myself. Its a really nice time for me. Sharapova, who will face Makarova in Thursdays semifinals, hasnt dropped a set since escaping with a 6-1, 4-6, 7-5 win over qualifier Alexandra Panova in the second round. The five-time Grand Slam champion credited a phone call from her father for helping turn things around. I dont want to face that phone call with my father too many times during a tournament, she said. He told me that I was working much harder than I had to. If I was maybe a little bit smarter, did a few things maybe a little bit differently, maybe it could have been easier. Its been pretty easy for Sharapova against her fellow Russian Makarova. Makarova hasnt beaten Sharapova in five all-time meetings, dropping the last four in straight sets. The two met twice previously at the Australian Open, with Sharapova taking quarterfinal matchups in 2012 and 2013. Well, Ive never beaten her, so it will be tough, said Makarova about again facing Sharapova. Definitely shes a great fighter. Like here in the second round, she almost lost, but she turned (it) around. The Williams sisters will each take part in Wednesdays two quarterfinal matches, with top-seeded Serena continuing her quest for a sixth career title in Melbourne by taking on No. 11 seed and last years Aussie runner-up Dominika Cibulkova. The 18th-seeded former top-ranked star Venus will square off against 19-year-old fellow American Madison Keys. Serena is 4-0 lifetime against Cibulkova, while Venus is 1-0 versus her compatriot Keys. The reigning U.S. Open champion Serena owns 18 Grand Slam singles titles, including five here in Melbourne. Venus, a seven-time major champion and 2003 Aussie runner-up to Serena, is a perfect 9-0 this year, including a title in Auckland three weeks ago. Wayne Gretzky Jersey . For the Bombers it has been a combination of things coming together at the most inappropriate moments in time. Quarterback, injuries, Canadian talent or depth and leadership are all issues. Trust me when I say being a Bomber is no fun right now in a city that embraces football the way Winnipeg does. While Buck Pierce will be getting another shot, I think Max Hall does deserve another opportunity. Jonny Brodzinski Jersey . Lineup news, Fantasy and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES St. Louis Blues – After rolling the San Jose Sharks for seven goals, for the second time in a week, the Blues have a bunch of players on hot streaks. http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Jonathan-Quick-Jersey/ .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night.LONDON -- Although he has not won a trophy in eight years, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger keeps enjoying the backing of the clubs owner and thinks a prolonged stay could make him "immortal." Wenger, the longest serving manager in the English Premier League after 17 years in charge, reiterated his desire to stay at the London club beyond next summer when his contract expires. "Honestly, I would love to be here forever because that would mean I would be immortal," Wenger told a news conference on Friday ahead of Arsenals trip to Swansea. "Im not naive enough to believe that. What I would like to do as long as I am here is give my best for this club because I love this club." The Frenchman was targeted by Paris Saint-Germain last season but this week received the full backing of Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke, who said he wants him to remain on a long-term basis and feels "totally aligned" with Wenger. "I am very honoured to have the support of Stan Kroenke," said Wenger, adding that he has turned away many jobs offers during his tenure. "That he thinks I can help the club is a huge confidence vote. That is something for me that is very positive. I dont know (when I will sign a new contract). When we find time." Not everyone at the club seemed to share the owners views earlier thiis season when Wenger was criticized by supporters for his failure to attract big players. Drew Doughty Jersey. But the signing of German playmaker Mesut Ozil for a club-record transfer fee of 50 million euros combined with the Gunners good start to the season has eased tensions. Arsenal, whose last trophy was an FA Cup in 2005, tops the Premier League standings after five games for its best start in five years -- reversing a trend of slow starts. Wenger is also credited for the clubs healthy financial results over the years. But many fans are craving for another trophy, nostalgic of an era when the Gunners were fighting toe to toe for the Premier League title every season. Wenger, who was appointed as Arsenal manager in October 1996, did not take long to win his first trophy, guiding the Gunners to the Premier League title in 1998. He won it again in 2002 and triumphantly claimed a third crown two years later as his side stayed unbeaten during the entire league campaign. "Our job has a good advantage: You just look forward to the next game. You never look back," said Wenger, being asked to reflect on his 17 years in charge. "I believe that is the most important. Of course when you look backward, theres a lot of effort and consistency in effort behind that. For me the most interesting is tomorrows game." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 196 Themen und 641 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen