TORONTO -- Mexico City and London have long been mentioned as foreign landing spots for the NFL, but Super Bowl-winning quarterb

in Regeln 26.01.2018 06:18
von jokergreen0220 • 165 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Mexico City and London have long been mentioned as foreign landing spots for the NFL, but Super Bowl-winning quarterback Joe Montana said Canada would offer the league the most seamless transition. Harrison Butker Jersey . "Well, Id think if any place could work quicker or be indoctrinated faster than anywhere else . . . it would be in Canada," the Pro Football Hall of Famer said Thursday. "I mean, lets face it, you have the Canadian league here thats a little bit different, but the gist of the games are pretty much the same. "You already have a fan base, not only for the Canadian league but also for the NFL because theyre so close. I would think it would be a natural direction to go if they went outside the U.S." A Toronto-based group that includes rocker Jon Bon Jovi is bidding to purchase the Buffalo Bills. Also in the running are Buffalo Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula as well as New York City real estate mogul Donald Trump. The biggest hurdle facing the Toronto group -- which also includes MLSE chairman Larry Tanenbaum and the Rogers family, which controls Rogers Communications -- is its intentions to possibly relocate the Bills franchise to the Ontario capital. But that couldnt happen until 2020, at the earliest, because of the stadium lease late owner Ralph Wilson negotiated with the state of New York and Erie County. Under terms of the agreement, the Bills must remain at Ralph Wilson Stadium through the 2019 season and could be relocated for a US$28.4-million fee. So could the Bills exist with another NFL team based in Toronto? Montana said thereve been examples of competing franchises being located very closely together. "The 49ers and (Oakland) Raiders have lived within less distance than that," he said. "The Raiders and (Los Angeles) Rams lived together in less distance than that. "But I dont know if the population (of Western New York and southern Ontario) would support between the two." Montana, 58, was in town Thursday to promote the start of the 2014 NFL regular season as well as help the league raise money for Special Olympics. Its a charity that Montana, who guided the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl titles over 14 seasons, said theres much value in. "The nice thing about it is its giving people who enjoy sports that arent as fortunate as others an opportunity to compete," he said. "I think its a wonderful thing because sports, no matter who you are, is a positive, and Im glad the NFL is part of it." Montana spent 16 seasons in the NFL with San Francisco (1979-92) and Kansas City (1993-94). An eight-time Pro Bowl selection, Montana led the 49ers to league titles in 1981, 84, 88-89 and three times was named the Super Bowl MVP, throwing 11 TD passes with no interceptions in his four championship-game appearances. His TD pass to a leaping Dwight Clark -- aptly dubbed "The Catch" -- led San Francisco past Dallas in the 81 NFC championship game and defined the 49ers rise to prominence. Twice an NFL MVP and the leagues comeback player of the year in 86, Montana was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000. But Montana said his NFL accomplishments never wouldve happened had he been forced to concentrate solely on football while growing up in Pennsylvania. "If you had made me choose (one sport) in high school, I wouldve chosen basketball," Montana said. "I didnt expect to be playing football, I really thought I was going to school for basketball and had I, I wouldnt be sitting here right now." Its for that reason Montana supports kids playing myriad sports and not concentrating on just one. "I would much rather see them be more rounded," he said. "Why take opportunities away from kids? "I dont think kids are fully (developed) enough to be using one set of muscles all the time. Let them go out and find out what sport they really like and which one theyll be better at and may grow at." As for the 14 NFL season, Montana figures the defending champion Seattle Seahawks -- who faced the Green Bay Packers in Thursday nights opener -- will be in contention again. "I think the 49ers and Seahawks are kind of the two top teams I think be battling it out (in the NFC) if the 49ers can bet it back together because I think they lost a little bit in the pre-season," Montana said. "The next tier not far below them is Green Bay and New Orleans. "In the AFC I think its going to go through Denver or New England, two good organizations with good teams. The other team that scares me a little bit in the AFC -- they had a great preseason but theyve done it before -- is San Diego and their defence is playing better now." Daryl Worley Jersey .J. Barea during a three-game shooting slump that was getting him booed off his home court with regularity. Russell Shepard Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders added a veteran presence to their young receiving group by signing free agent James Jones to a three-year contract Monday. http://www.nflpanthersgearofficial.com/kurt-coleman-jersey/ . Footballs governing body said Tuesday that of the 2,577,662 tickets allocated for this years tournament, 1,041,418 have gone to people in Brazil. The U.CLEVELAND -- Interim general manager David Griffin said before the Cavaliers game Sunday night that hed like to see a few more smiles from his team. Following Clevelands 91-83 overtime win over Memphis, there were happy faces all around the locker room. "The game is fun," said Kyrie Irving, who scored 28 points as Cavaliers won back-to-back games for the first time in a month. "Being out there, just competing at the highest level. At the end of the day, its just a game." The Cavaliers, who broke a six-game losing streak Friday night against Washington, have won both games since general manager Chris Grant was fired last week. Irving scored the final four points in regulation to tie it. Luol Dengs 3-pointer on the first possession of overtime put Cleveland ahead for good, 81-78. While a two-game winning streak wont remedy all the teams problems in an adversity-filled season, the Cavaliers want to seize on any positive momentum they can find. "Everybody was putting too much pressure on themselves," Irving said. "We needed to go out there and play basketball. Going out there the last two games, whether the game gets tight or gets away from you, it should be fun." Nick Calathes scored 17 points to lead Memphis, which has lost three of four since winning six straight. Deng began the overtime scoring with a 3-pointer from the corner as the shot clock was winding down. Baskets by Dion Waiters and Anderson Varejao, sandwiched around a 3-pointer by Calathes, left Cleveland with an 85-81 lead. A resounding dunk by Waiters and four free throws by Irving put the game away. "They had the two best players on the floor in Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving," Grizzlies coach David Joerger said. "They really took the game over from start to finish." Joerger blamed the Grizzlies poor first half, in which they fell behind by 14 points, for the loss. "We slogged in the mud at the start tonight, which you cant do on the road," he said. James Johnson scored 13 points in the fourth quarter to help Memphis erase a nine-point deficit. Cleveland led 74-65 but was held scoreless for 4:54 as the Grizzlies took a 78-74 lead. Irving tied it with a layup with 18 seconds remaining and was fouled, but missed the free throw, giving Memphis the ball with 16. Taylor Moton Jersey. 7 seconds left. Zach Randolph lost the ball while driving the lane and Waiters heave from just inside halfcourt hit off the backboard. Griffin met with the players at Sunday morning at the shootaround while owner Dan Gilbert spoke with them prior to the game. "I think it woke up a lot of people," Waiters said of Grants dismissal. "Me, I felt half of that was my fault, how we played. We just didnt come out right as a unit. I think it cost the man his job. If we had been playing the way we have the last two games hed probably still be here. We cant dwell on the past, weve got to continue to play the way weve been playing and keep it up." Waiters scored 18 points, and C.J. Miles added 14 for Cleveland. Johnson scored 15 points for Memphis. Randolph, who left the game in the second quarter to get three stitches to close a cut under his left eye, had 14 points. Calathes, playing in place of the injured Mike Conley, made his first six shots and was 7 of 9 from the field. Randolph went to the locker room late in the second quarter after taking an elbow in the face from Tristan Thompson while they were going for a rebound. Randolph was on the court for a couple of moments and asked for a towel to put to his face. He tapped hands with Thompson before jogging off the court with a team trainer. Randolph returned to start the third quarter. "Teams know we try to go inside to Zach and let him go to work, but weve got to do something with all five guys, not always depend on our horse down there," Said Memphis forward Tayshaun Prince. "We cant allow Zach to always be our hero. It puts us in a tough spot and it puts him in a tough spot." Deng started after missing Fridays game with the flu. NOTES: Grizzlies G Tony Allen (sprained left wrist) is listed as day-to-day, but hasnt taken part in practice. Hes been out since Jan. 3. ... Varejao left the game with a hand injury in the first quarter. He went to the locker room, but returned in the second quarter. Varejao, who finished with 14 rebounds, also appeared to tweak his knee in the fourth quarter but returned to the game quickly. ... Cleveland snapped a four-game losing streak in the series. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 196 Themen und 641 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen