PITTSBURGH -- There were smiles all around in the New York Mets clubhouse Saturday. [url=http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Aut

in Bewerbung 15.01.2018 06:49
von jokergreen0220 • 165 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- There were smiles all around in the New York Mets clubhouse Saturday. Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey . After a 5-3 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates, the Mets got good news on third baseman David Wrights sore left shoulder: There was no structural damage in the joint. Jonathon Niese extended his streak of solid starts with six gritty innings, rookie Eric Campbell had three hits while subbing for Wright as the Mets spoiled Gerrit Coles return from the disabled list. "I think its important with (Wright) out that a bunch of other people need to step up and today we had timely hitting and timely pitching and were able to get a W, which was nice," Campbell said. The Mets said Wright had a bruised left rotator cuff. He will be treated with anti-inflammatories before being reevaluated on Monday. For now, the Mets think Wright can avoid a trip to the DL. "They want to see if it feels better after a couple days rest," assistant general manager John Ricco said. "If hes still feeling the same, well reassess it at that time." Niese (5-4) gave up three runs and scattered seven hits. It was his 20th straight outing without allowing more than three runs, dating to last season. "I told (pitching coach Dan Warthen) when I came out that I was the worst pitcher in the world in the fourth and fifth innings, the dumbest pitcher in the world but was pretty in the other innings," Niese said. Niese was handed a 5-0 lead by the middle of the second inning, but he nearly squandered it by issuing consecutive bases-loaded walks to Pedro Alvarez and Chris Stewart in the fourth and an RBI single to Neil Walker in the fifth that made it a two-run game. Neise, however, made it through the sixth, Jeurys Familia followed with two perfect innings and Jenrry Mejia pitched a perfect ninth for his eighth save. "Jon went back out there and battled after that fourth inning, even though he didnt have good stuff," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Campbell drove in the first run in a three-run first inning with a double off Cole (6-4). Daniel Murphy capped the Mets scoring with a two-run single with two outs in the second. Cole, who leads the Pirates in victories, lasted just four innings. Activated from the DL earlier Saturday, he was tagged for five runs and seven hits. Cole had been out since June 4 with right shoulder fatigue. "I think it would have been a lot better if I were to have taken less focus off the hitters and put more on myself and not tried to do too much," Cole said. "I think I was a little too results oriented, trying to avoid this trying to do this, trying to do that." After Campbell hit his RBI double in the first, Lucas Duda scored on a wild pitch and Kirk Nieuwenhuis capped the inning by singling in a run. Niese lost the strike zone in fourth but was able to pitch out of a bases-loaded jam by striking out pinch-hitter Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco. "That at-bat against Marte, I was just trying to get a strike," Niese said. "Once I got a strike, I was able to relax and get guys out." NOTES: RHP Brandon Cumpton was optioned by Pittsburgh to Triple-A Indianapolis to clear a roster spot for Cole. ... RHP Ernesto Frieri joined the Pirates a day after being acquired from the Los Angeles Angels in a trade for RHP Jason Grilli and pitched a perfect inning of relief. . Marte was unable to start for the fourth consecutive game because of a jammed middle finger and the pinch-hitting appearance was the first time he batted since being injured Tuesday. ... The Mets had Niese bat eighth and LF Eric Young Jr. hit ninth, marking the third time in the last seven games manager Terry Collins had the pitcher hit No. 8. ... The four-game series concludes Sunday with New York RHP Bartolo Colon (8-5, 3.67) attempting to win his seventh straight decision as he faces RHP Edinson Volquez (5-6, 4.35). Lorenzen Wright Jersey . Expensive. The NFL fined Tomlin $100,000 on Wednesday for interfering with Baltimores Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night. Ben McLemore Jersey .The Canadiens will visit the Boston Bruins at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass., on New Years Day 2016, taking hockeys oldest rivalry outside.It was special in 2010 just to be there with the history behind Fenway Park and all that, Bruins centre Patrice Bergeron said. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Authentic-Jarell-Martin-Grizzlies-Jersey/ .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Elvis Dumervil and New England Patriots punter Ryan Allen were selected as the AFCs top players for Week 14 of the NFL season.Each week, well take a look at some top performers from the CFL, with an eye to looking ahead to some matchups that could be favourable for TSN Fantasy Football, CFL Edition, presented by Joseph Abboud. Here are some of the best from Week Six and players to watch for Week Seven: TOP PERFORMERS Nic Grigsby, RB, Winnipeg (119 YDS, 2 TD, 16 touches at Hamilton) - Grigsby is taking advantage of his first regular role in the CFL and went for at least 100 yards from scrimmage for the fourth time in six games this season. His speed is making a difference for a Blue Bombers attack that is having its most success through the air, but Grigsby is versatile enough to contribute both as a runner and receiver. Andrew Harris, RB, B.C. (143 YDS, 1 TD, 20 touches vs. Calgary) - Just a little more of the same-old, same-old for the leagues leading rusher who has 381 rushing yards and 722 yards from scrimmage in six games. An average game, this season, is a little over 120 yards for Harris, who had 1830 yards from scrimmage (101.7 per game) in his career-best 2012 season. Steve Slaton, RB, Toronto (100 YDS, 2 TD, 18 touches vs. Montreal) - The former NFLer, who had 1659 yards from scrimmage for the Houston Texans in 2008 but hasnt played since 2011, Slaton saw his second game action of the season for the Double Blue and caught a couple of scoring passes from Ricky Ray in the Argos romp over the Alouettes. PLAYERS TO WATCH IN WEEK SEVEN Martel Mallett, RB, Calgary - One week after looking to Jock Sandeers as a beneficiary with Jon Cornish out of the lineup, the Stamps had to look to Mallett more once Sanders took a hard hit against the Lions. Mario Chalmers Jersey. . Mallett gained 175 yards on 20 touches against B.C., his first CFL action since 2009, when he gained 1,582 yards from scrimmage along with eight touchdowns when he played for British Columbia. With that kind of performance, might as well look to Mallett at home against the expansion Redblacks this week. Clarence Denmark, SB, Winnipeg - As the Bombers, with the leagues second-best passing attack (280.2 yards per game), take on the Riders, who have the leagues second-worst pass defence (267.6 yards allowed per game), it makes sense to check out their receiving corps. With top target Nick Moore out of the lineup, why not check in on Denmark, who ranks second on the Bombers (and fifth in the league) with 308 receiving yards? Courtney Taylor, SB, British Columbia - Third-year CFLer who played a little with the Seattle Seahawks in 2007 and 2008, Taylor is a big target who hasnt had a monster game yet this season, but does ranks sixth in the league with 305 receiving yards after going over 60 yards in three straight games. A home date against a Hamilton defence that surrendered 361 passing yards to Winnipeg last week seems like a decent matchup for Taylor. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 196 Themen und 641 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen