Manchester Thunder retained their position at the top of the Vitality Superleague table with a dominant 67-43 win over Roses riv

in Ränge 16.01.2018 06:47
von jokergreen0220 • 165 Beiträge

Manchester Thunder retained their position at the top of the Vitality Superleague table with a dominant 67-43 win over Roses rivals Yorkshire Jets. Brandon Morrow Jersey . Having established a three-point cushion at the weekend with a win at Surrey and Hertfordshires defeat to Bath, Dan Ryans team closed in on top spot in the regular season standings after a super display.They now hold a six-point lead over Mavericks who play Storm themselves at the weekend before Mavs and Thunder replay their abandoned game on April 25. Fresh from their first victory of the season at the weekend when they edged out the Celtic Dragons 45-44, it was the Jets who started at a fierce pace forging a 7-2 lead inside the opening half of the first quarter. Vote for your Player of the Season Weve got the five contenders, so place your vote Led by Helen Housby at goal attack, Thunder rallied to level the scores at 8-8 before finishing strongly to take a three-goal lead at the end of the first 15 minutes.Despite Stacey Francis impressing in defence for Jets, Thunder continued to press home their advantage throughout the second period and a dominant quarter saw Ryans team open up a 32-21 lead.With Player of the Match Ellie Cardwell lethal under the posts for Thunder the home side continued to pull away with Jets tiring after their exertions in Wales on Saturday and the 11-point half-time lead became 20 for the league leaders. Grand Final Tickets Get tickets for Superleague Grand Final with Sky Tickets Manchester took a 52-32 lead into the final quarter and with Ryan continuing to urge his team forward, the fourth quarter followed the same pattern with Thunder taking the chance to use their full squad and lay down a marker for the Superleague semi-finals on April 30.Thunder won in Round Seven by just five points but there was to be no close finish at the Thunderdome and they wrapped up a Roses double with a clinical final quarter to seal a 24-goal win.Maybe a few too many errors and turnovers particularly in the first quarter, we could have been up by a lot more with the opportunities that we had, Ryan told Sky Sports.But across the board we have to be happy - particularly to get 12 players out there considering a lot of the girls havent seen much court time over the past couple of weeks in the big games.To get everyone out on a big stage and on a big night is something we are really happy about.We were very particular in the first half of the year that we wanted to rotate the line-up, gave players opportunities. We feel players we need to win the competition have had the taste they need to and we are confident in our depth and we are confident we can call on anyone required for any role on any day. Thunder completed a season double over the Jets Jets head coach Anna Carter admitted that after last seasons top four finish Yorkshires rebuilding job has made for a tough campaign.[Thunder] are at the other end of the table to us and they are a well put together squad with lots of experience, Carter told Sky Sports.We are at a different point and are rebuilding, bringing together a young group so it was always going to be a challenge tonight.Some of the girls have really improved. We got a win on Saturday against Celtic and showed characteristics weve not shown this season but it is about putting it out consistently. Also See: Vote for Player of the Season Get Grand Final tickets with Sky Sports Vitality Superleague fixtures Table Kenta Maeda Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Chase Utley Jersey . The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/Andre-Ethier-dodgers-jersey/ . A groundswell for raising the number of playoff qualifiers to seven in each conference figures to get plenty of support from the 32 owners. Most notably, Arizonas Bill Bidwill, who saw his Cardinals go 10-6 and not get in, while Green Bay (8-7-1) qualified by winning the NFC North. MIAMI -- Zack Wheeler and the New York Mets got the best of Andrew Heaney during the Marlins prospects major league debut. Wheeler tossed his first shutout and made David Wrights first-inning home run hold up in the Mets 1-0 victory over Miami on Thursday night. "He showed you exactly what weve been talking about all along -- plus stuff. Tremendous, great effort," Mets manager Terry Collins said of Wheeler. "He went after them. It was his night." Wheeler (3-7) outdueled Heaney in the longest outing of the Mets starters career. "It feels great, I know I can do it every time out," Wheeler said. "I know I have the stuff. It finally feels good to go out there and do it and be efficient with my pitches and get ahead of guys." New York, which won at St. Louis on Wednesday, has consecutive victories for the first time since a three-game streak from May 31-June 2. The Mets had dropped eight straight on the road before Wednesday. Wheeler, the No. 6 pick in the 2009 draft, struck out eight. He allowed three hits and one walk, and 70 of his 111 pitches were strikes. He pitched to only one batter over the minimum and was helped by three double plays. "Anytime somebody gets on, whether it be a walk or hit, you just try to make a pitch and get a double play. I was able to do that," Wheeler said. The 24-year old right-hander lowered his ERA to 0.96 in four starts against the Marlins. "He didnt miss over the plate much," Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said. "He was really good with locating his pitches off the plate. He threw a lot of fastballs, like we expected, but he didnt leave anything over the plate. "Youve got to tip your cap to a guy who pitched a great game." Heaney (0-1) gave up four hits in six innings, allowing only Wrights home run. The 23-year old lefty, the ninth pick in the 2012 draft, struck out three and walked one. "He did a nice job, gave us a chance and kept us in the game," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He gave up one pitch to a really good hitter for a home run and that was it. He executed his pitches, got hiis pitch count up high early, but then settled in. Maury Wills Jersey. "All in all it was a good start for him." It was a battle between two young starters that could see a lot of each other in coming years in the NL East. "Thats what the game is coming to," Collins said. "The game is changing where those big power arms are coming up in every organization, and theyre all young." Heaney allowed an infield hit to Eric Young, Jr. to begin the game, but got Daniel Murphy to bounce into a double play. Wright then hit his sixth homer of the season off the sculpture in deep left-centre field. No one else got into scoring position against Heaney. "I had no expectations, to be honest," Heaney said. "I just wanted to pitch well. I felt early on I didnt know how it was going to go. It was kind of on the edge with every guy. From that fourth inning on I got into a rhythm." Bryan Morris relieved Heaney in the seventh and faced a bases loaded situation, but he got Wheeler to ground out and end the threat. Wheeler, who made his much-anticipated debut a year and a day before Heaney, complimented his mound opponent. "I sat on the bench in between innings and just watched him, knowing that I was there not too long ago and knowing how he felt," Wheeler said. "He has a good arm, and I think hes going to do well." Kevin Gregg pitched the ninth in his season debut with Miami. He earned 61 saves for the Marlins in 2007-08. Reed Johnson singled in the ninth off Wheeler with two outs, but Rafael Furcal lined out to centre to end the game. Wheeler threw a 95 mph fastball on his final pitch. "I still had plenty," Wheeler said. NOTES: Mets OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas, and OF Matt den Dekker was optioned to Las Vegas. ... Marlins slugger RF Giancarlo Stanton went 0 for 3 with two strikeouts after coming out of Wednesdays game because of a bruised left wrist. ... New York will send RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-0, 2.81) to the mound on Friday against Miami RHP Henderson Alvarez (3-3, 2.56). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jokergreen0220
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 196 Themen und 641 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen